Join Our Team
POINT380 is growing! Our team dedicates our skills, talents, and time to make the world a more sustainable place for future generations. We have a collaborative and dynamic culture where everyone plays a critical role and has room to learn and grow. Balance between work and life is key to our success, and we provide our teammates the flexibility and space to thrive personally and professionally.
POINT380 is committed to creating a diverse environment that is safe and welcoming to all. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We take this very seriously, and
expect that you do too.
To apply for one of the current job opportunities below, please follow the “How to Apply” instructions located at the top of the job post. Please direct additional questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead Software Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO
We recently closed our Seed Funding, and our business is growing faster than ever. We are looking for a lead engineer to help design and architect our data processing platform and web application. You will help build out our engineering team as we enter this next phase of company growth. Join us on our journey to build the best sustainability management software in the world.
How to Apply:
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Lead Software Engineer – [Your Name]”.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the product team to design and build our data platform and web-application
- Build out our data platform, including data warehouse and data pipelines
- Explore how machine learning can advance our sustainability analytics
- Build, grow, and mentor the engineering team
- Lead agile sprints, planning, and retrospectives
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and execute on the product roadmap
What You Will Need:
- Years of experience with modern cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Years of experience with data engineering, data pipelines, data warehouses, and data modeling in the cloud
- Experience with one of more modern development framework/language: Node, Django/Python, Ruby on Rails, or Go
- Frontend experience with React, Angular, or Vue
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills
- Desire to learn, adapt, problem-solve, and build rapport with your teammates
- Experience hiring and building diverse software development teams
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with machine learning is a bonus
If you are thinking, “…this sounds like the perfect fit…” that’s great! Now ask yourself a few more questions:
- Do I want to contribute to solving global problems in a fun and fast-paced environment?
- Am I motivated to continually improve, learn, and grow?
- Do I have high expectations of myself and my colleagues?
- Do I have, or want to have, experience in energy, renewable energy, environmental, or sustainability industries?
- Do I like laughing/having fun at work?
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
POINT380 is committed to creating a diverse environment that is safe and welcoming to all. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We take this very seriously and expect that you do too.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $125,000-175,000
- Equity: 0.5-3%
- Flexible work schedule and unrestricted PTO
- Ability to work remotely up to 50% (post-Coronavirus pandemic)
- Health insurance
- 12 weeks maternity/paternity leave (8 weeks paid)
- Wellness budget
- Budget for home/office workstation
- Bus pass
- Budget for professional development
- Team happy hours, retreats, hikes/bike rides, yoga, and ping-pong